The firm of Brad Borncamp, CPA, LLC is owned and operated by Brad
Borncamp. The following is a general summary of Brad's background and
the firm's history and services.
Brad graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, with
Honors, in 1976 from Rochester Institute of Technology, Rochester, NY.
Brad worked for CPA firms in NY and CO for five years during which time he
moved to Boulder, CO in 1978. Brad worked as a CPA with a few clients of
his own for nine years while employed at the local headquarters of Storage
Technology Corporation and Celestial Seasonings where he served in
support and management positions. Brad started his own practice full time in
1991. The firm was located in north Boulder for 13 years. The Lafayette
offices that the firm currently occupies were purchased in 2005. The firm
employs both professional and clerical staff and provides year round
services to a variety of clients.
Brad has maintained an active license in good standing as a Colorado CPA
since 1980. He gained an accreditation as a Certified Valuation Analyst
(CVA) in 1999 and in 2005 earned an accreditation as a Certified Financial
Brad continues to expand his knowledge with ongoing professional education
and he and the staff keep abreast of the changing accounting principals, tax
laws, and planning strategies. He has continued to live and work in the
Boulder area since 1978 and is married with two children.
• Deliver quality, personalized services to each client on every engagement.
• Commitment to long term client relationships.
• Provide only those services the client needs and wants.
• Manage engagements for timely, accurate results.
• Adhere to the standards of the CPA profession and the taxing authorities.
Helping you keep more of what you make!
It’s not the mountains ahead that wear me out, it’s the grain of sand in my
Brad is a member in good standing with the following professional
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (since 1980)
- Colorado Society of Certified Public Accountants (since 1980)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (since 1999)
- Financial Planning Association (since 2005)
The firm offers professional services in a variety of areas. Our main areas
are tax planning and preparation, estate and financial planning, and
accounting services for individuals and businesses. We do not sell
insurance, investments, or any other commissioned products. The following
lists most of our services:
- Choosing a business entity - Income tax return
- Choosing accounting systems - Trust, estate, and gift tax
- Bookkeeping and accounting services - Representation before tax
- Financial statement preparation - Income tax planning and
- Business income tax preparation - Financial planning
- Business tax planning and compliance - Retirement planning
- Business payroll, property, sales taxes - Estate and gift planning
- Representation before tax authorities - Asset protection strategies
- Cash planning and budgeting - Trustee services
- Business succession planning - Forensic accounting
- Business valuations - Litigation support services
What to Expect
We manage our workflow in order to provide clients with timely, dependable
services. In this regard we request that clients set appointments when
meeting with the firm's staff. Our usual routine is for each new client to meet
with Brad to determine what needs to be done and to estimate our fees, and
to decide if we can accept the work. We use the term “engagement” to
describe each job we do for clients.
Once we agree on the terms, we gather the necessary information and
proceed with the engagement. We may contact clients while working on
their engagements to request information or discuss planning opportunities.
We call when the work is done to arrange delivery or pick up. If necessary,
we may discuss compliance issues with the client and the magnitude of such
issues. Our goal is to help the client understand where they stand, so the
client can decide what action, if any, to take.
Our fees are based on the hourly rates for each staff involved with the
services provided. Our rates for 2013 vary from $35 for bookkeeping and up
to $230 for consulting and tax preparation. Fees for individual tax return
preparation usually range from $450 to $950 but can be more depending on
the amount of activity to report, how well the client can summarize their
activity, and whether the client wants tax planning in addition to the tax prep
itself. We are thorough and emphasize service and quality. We do not
compete with the low end tax prep shops, but our fees are competitive with
other CPA firms with similar experience.
The firm of Brad Borncamp, CPA, LLC provides fee based professional
services. We work directly with each client to identify and implement only
the services that are necessary. We do not sell financial products and do
not get any commissions. Call us to discuss how we may help you keep
more of what you make.
Let's start today
Call ... 303-530-4650
Ask for a free initial meeting